Hello, and welcome! You’ve probably landed on this page because you’ve read Strangers Have the Best Candy, and you want more candy. You want to meet more people, make more connections, and find more serendipity. You want to learn how to break the rules and talk to strangers.
Maybe you just want to continue leading a quiet, solitary existence, but you’d like to read more about Meps’ zany encounters from your own armchair.
I hope you find some of what you’re looking on this page!
Do you have a story to share about talking to strangers? Please send it to me or submit it to the book’s Facebook page! The best stories will be published on this site and possibly in the sequel to Strangers Have the Best Candy.
How you can get connected:
- Read Tips for Talking to Strangers and leave your comments.
- Follow my blogs. You’ll find 12 years of strangers at the Adventures of Meps ‘n’ Barry, like Logan the Pirate and Cindy, the homesick Seattle expat. More recently, I’ve begun posting blogs on 1meps.com. Enjoy, and share the ones you like best.
- Join the discussion about talking to strangers on the Strangers Have the Best Candy Facebook page (you’ll meet strangers from all over the world!)
- Follow Meps on Twitter: @1meps
- Send Meps your stories about great encounters you’ve had with strangers.
- Visit Random Acts of Kindness and try some of their 350 acts of kindness.
- Do a Happiness Sprinkling!
- Order some conversation-starters, or make your own. I sell t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs, and more on Cafepress.
- My “Strangers Have the Best Candy” buttons and Happy Spots are some of the best conversation-starters around. You can order both from the 1meps shop.